Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Week 2 Apocalypse Now Please!

The first good thing about writing about the apocalypse is I might finally learn to spell this freaking word.. Or most likely not *sigh*.

So planning who is with me and who isn’t can be a lot tougher for me then say a redneck (not to stereo type but it’s the apocalypse and you don’t have to be PC during that), I’m sure all his buddies can shoot and most likely owns guns. I work for a software company! Nerds, Geeks, Dweebs and pasty people that don’t even have derogatory term for them surround me. I look around and I see the people I have to choose from and the country song “Bubba Shot the Jukebox” starts to play in my head and I wonder if maybe we have a Bubba working down in the mail room. Then I Realize it comes down to well they’re friends and if you want to be different than the Zombies you have to draw the line some were. Now amid ally some of my friends them try hard. They play video games involving Zombies, and a small percentage own guns, and the rest could identify one if ask to. So there will have to be some training right off the bat for most of them.
 

With that said I draw the line at close friends and family, the rest Well they already have the complexion of a zombie and it will probably be an improvement on their social life. So my plan is me, my family and a hand full of close friends will be whom I chose to let in on my secret plans.

Telling my family isn’t so hard my two Daughters have been hearing it for years and are well trained for the inevitable. They even usually discuses it with the current boyfriends just to gauge their reaction (and it if any of them show up I can always shoot first then ask questions). Which now that I think more about it might be why my daughters date don’t hang around very long (sorry digressed). My wife is with me 100% I can tell because when it’s discussed she holds the eye rolling to a minimum. My brother in-law luckily is a redneck and like me looks forward to the day, pretty much anytime he gets to shoot something is a good time for him. Then telling five of my close friends might be a little tougher but if I do it on a video game night with drinking involved. I should not get too many have you lost your mind looks.

So this small select group of people whom I’ve chosen to ride out the Apocalypse with will know the secret meeting place, the rest of you out there meet us at the mall were I’m sure it is safe. Oh and they will have the Password for the compound which is of course any word other than a guttural moan that a zombie makes. When asked for a password any none response will be rewarded with a bullet to the brain.

Well we have decided who! Next week we’ll can talk about where.


3 comments:

  1. There might be a reason to why both your daughters do not have current boyfriends.. Meaning we don't want to get to close cuz one day I'll most likely have to shoot the poor bastard! (double tap)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha you said it SIS! although, if they are worth their weight they won't turn into a zombie TOO quickly... and DUDE, we aren't meeting at the mall! Geez. Plus, don't give away OUR secret spot, people will flock to it and be the death of us all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy now were just talking about where it could be! Not giving way the location..

    ReplyDelete